TECHNOLOGYHydroxysomes®COMPATIBLE WITH ALL BIOACTIVESNON
RELEASENO NEED FORPENETRATIONENHANCERS
• 88% of all API drugs and consumer bio-actives currently do not have any dermal delivery options other than Hydroxysomes® due to incompatible chemistries, molecular weight limitations, or instability issues
• Issued Hydroxysome® patents on core technology and applications provide a unique and defensible competitive advantage.
Patches; Liposomes; Encapsulation; Devices, and others:
• Damaging – Adhesive can irritate skin; often use penetration enhancers
• Limiting – Potent drugs with low daily dosage; may have formulation challenges
• Inefficient – Small % delivered; excessive loss of API/Active
• Hydroxysomes® is co-engineered with active and formulated into conventional topical products, e.g. creams, ointments, lotions.
• Upon application, it functions in essence as a “patchless patch” to implement and facilitate enhanced uptake by the skin, and to release high yield active.
Sustained Release Skin Delivery:
• Hydroxysomes® are not stable at pH below 5: release of API Active is controlled by stratum corneum acidic pH.
• Active continues to pass through to the lower epidermis, and/or dermis, and/or systemic flow-through, depending on the characteristics of the active.
• Hydroxysomes® particles remain localized in stratum corneum; calcium and
phosphates ions of Hydroxysomes® are slowly absorbed as micronutrients by the skin.
Normal skin as control
with no calcium in SC After application,
calcium can be seen in SC 7 hours after application,
calcium continues to be absorbed
TEM (27,000X) TEM (43,000X) * Black Specs Are Calcium TEM (43,000X)
• Micro-carrier Calcium Phosphate Particles
• Porous, Spherical, Rigid Beads
• Non-Polymer, Non-Liposome
• Average Diameter of 2 µm
• Large Surface Area
• Highly stable particles
• No Nanoparticles
• No need for penetration enhancers
• Delivery through intact skin
• Increased skin penetration
• Highly stable, safe and non-toxic
• Improved stability of actives
• Sustained release
• Compatible with almost all bioactives
• Increased efficiency/bio-availability
• Large scale manufacturing
TESTCytotoxicityUS-FDANon ToxicMutagenicityAmes TestNon MutagenicSkin SensitizationRIPT (Human)Non IrritatingNon SensitizingMETHODRESULTS
Reformulation strategy with Hydroxysomes® extends patent protection & provides brand evergreening
- LSCTM offers licensing and development opportunity for custom
design co-engineering of Hydroxysomes® with your active
- Stabilization technology for your unstable raw materials
- Encapsulation technology
Please contact us for co-engineering development and licensing.
300 UTAH AVE SUITE #101 | SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA | 94080 | USA | PHONE: +1 -650-373-0450 | FAX: +1-650 373-0455
© 2016 LABORATORY SKIN CARE, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED